American-made laboratory fume hoods & installation
PSA delivers chemical fume hoods and other safety containment devices and will provide efficient installation services that save your lab precious time. We also design laboratories as a complete system to help you choose the right product and positioning for operational safety and efficiency in the laboratory. We have extensive experience outfitting labs with safety equipment across all industry types. View some of our latest work around the world in our fume hood gallery.
Fume hood testing:
- ANSI/AIHA/ASSE Z9.5-2012 Standard
- IEST compliant
- ISO compliant
- NSF compliant
- Chemical fume hood certification
- Laminar flow hood testing
- Biosafety cabinet inspections
- Cleanroom ventilation standards testing
- Any custom testing & certification
Other features for your lab
When designing the rest of your lab, consider the following features:
- Countertops – PSA Laboratory Furniture has many materials for countertops, including resin, butcherblock, and stainless steel.
- Cabinets – Metal cabinets can withstand daily wear and tear.
- Wood cabinets – Available in oak, maple, and cherry hardwoods.
- Flexible systems – Create a mobile lab with flexible systems from PSA Laboratory Furniture.
- Accessories – Lab accessories include everything from sinks and faucets to balance tables and safety cabinets.
Fume Hood Options
Variable Air Volume (VAV)
Quality Fume Hoods Installation & Certification
How to Improve Fume Hood Performance
- Keep the hood clean of clutter
- Close the sash when the hood is not in use
- Keep the sash as low as possible when working
- Check the system regularly for blockages
- Close the doors and windows of the lab when using the hood
- Get re-certification from PSA Laboratory Furniture experts on a regular basis
Biological safety vented lab cabinets
Biological safety cabinets (BSC) are ventilated workspaces designed for the removal of biological pathogens. Also known as "Biosafety Cabinets", these enclosed laboratory spaces come in three different classes, each with varying protections:
- Class I protects the user and the environment.
- Class II protects the user, the environment, and the sample. There are four types: A1, A2, B1, B2.
- Class III also known as glove boxes, is a gas-tight enclosure where all materials enter and leave through a dunk tank or double-door autoclave. This provides maximum protection.
The type your lab needs will depend on the pathogens used in your applications.
Talk to PSA’s chemical fume hood outfitters to improve safety and reduce lab costs at your facility.
PSA provides fume hoods for the following industries
Fume Hood Delivery & Installation in the U.S
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia