Build a New Lab with the Best American-Made Furniture Outfitters
The type of counter you use in your lab will depend on several factors. Will you be working with heat? Chemicals? Bacteria? Get the right counter material for your work:
Countertop Selection and Comparison Chart
Additional Surface Material Options:
- Lab-Grade Laminates - Similar to high-pressure laminate tops but specifically designed for added chemical resistance and laboratory use. Available under various brand names.
- ESD Laminates - Plastic laminate countertops with a laminate shell designed for electro-static dissipation.
- Marble - Marble surfaces are most commonly used as a stable slab or for balance tables. Typically more costly than other viable options.
- Solid Surface Materials - Composites such as Corian® or other consumer brands are not advised for laboratory use.
Depending on the material, color options include:
- Stainless Steel
- Brown (wood grain finish)
- Yellow (wood grain finish)