Global Laboratory Countertop and Bench Top Outfitter
When designing a lab, we consider these important details:
- the severity of impact and abrasions in normal laboratory work
- the use of any biological agents, caustic chemicals, or food handling
- the appearance of the lab
- the material of the cabinets
- cost of materials
PSA Laboratory Furniture offers the flexibility to choose combined countertop materials for unique laboratory applications. Our experts will help you determine the best lab worktop surface to provide the performance and aesthetic you need for your facility.
Options for lab countertops:
- Epoxy resin
- Phenolic resin
- Stainless steel
- Butcher block
- Lab-grade laminate
- ESD laminates
- Solid-surface material
See all lab countertop material options.
Options, surface dependant:
- Stainless steel
- Several stain options available for butcher block
See all lab countertop color options.
Lab countertops, work benches and cabinets
Countertop Selection and Comparison Chart
|Epoxy Resin||Phenolic Resin||Stainless Steel|
|Price Range||$$ - $$$||$$ - $$$||$$$ - $$$$|
|Material Overview||Sleek black surface that is generally durable and resistant to most lab environments.||Highly resistant, lightweight surface that is durable in most lab environments.||Premium option for durability, damage resistance and functionality.|
|Easily cleaned & maintained?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Chemicals||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Abrasions||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Heat||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Impact||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Moisture||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Bacteria||. . .||. . .||. . .|
|Price Range||$$ - $$$||$ - $$|
|Material Overview||Aesthetically appealing surface that can burn & scratch easily, can be repaired.||A cost-effective surface that can burn & scratch, but is mostly stain-resistant.|
|Easily cleaned & maintained?||No||No|
|Chemicals||. . .||. . .|
|Abrasions||. . .||. . .|
|Heat||. . .||. . .|
|Impact||. . .||. . .|
|Moisture||. . .||. . .|
|Bacteria||. . .||. . .|
The PSA Laboratory Furniture Advantage
PSA professionals can help ensure the proper fit of these countertops as part of our integrated laboratory design process.
- Metal casework – Metal casework, like stainless steel lab benches and cabinets, is long-lasting, reliable, and can be used safely with acids, flammable materials, and biohazardous chemicals.
- Adaptable furniture systems – Flexible furniture systems make your lab easily adjustable for a variety of different functions.
- Wood casework – Classic hardwood lab furniture is always popular. Select from oak, maple, and cherry hardwoods for benches and tables.
- Laboratory apparatus, accessories, and fixtures – No lab is complete without fixtures and accessories, ranging from sinks to emergency safety equipment.
- Fume hoods – Protect your lab with chemical fume hoods of all sizes and styles. We also provide lab ventilation certification and testing.
Once you’ve selected equipment for your lab, our team will come to you to provide furniture installation services.
Contact our laboratory counter- and bench-top advisors to discuss options to make your facility look and function at its best.
We design & install countertops tailored to any industry need:
Laboratory counters & workbenches installed anywhere in the US
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia