High Performance Fume Hoods
Efficient High-Performance/Low-Flow Fume Hoods
PSA Laboratory Furniture has carried environmentally- and economically-friendly high-performance chemical fume hoods since our introduction in 1997. Compared to most traditional fume hoods, these high performance, low flow hoods are safer, have lower installation costs, and are up to 50% less expensive in operating costs.
We have designed and installed fume hoods in labs around the world. View some of our high-performance fume hoods in our gallery.
Save Green with Environmentally-Conscious Fume Hood Models
High performance fume hoods employ a series of design features providing unsurpassed containment and personnel protection:
- Engineered baffle system provides proper air distribution
- Constant air velocity (variable air volume) reduces energy use relative to sash position
- Rounded corners at hood entrance reduce turbulence, improving efficiency
- Aerodynamic sash pull
- Containment trough with directional vanes and white Plascote finish adds durability and chemical resistance
- Cord pass-through lets sash fully close without appliance cords getting in the way
- Lower entrance safety bar provides a personal safety barrier
- 35" high viewing area
- White ResChem interior with vapor-proof fluorescent light
- Full-view sash frame with 27-1/2" high interior access
- 18" vertical opening with keyed sash stop to access 27-1/2" set-up position
- Double-wall construction for installation of plumbing and electrical service fixtures
- Round stainless steel duct collar
Advantages of High Performance Chemical Fume Hoods:
- Engineered to exhaust 50% less conditioned air from the laboratory
- Designed to capture fumes while working in today's modern laboratories with varying factors such as lab traffic, fluctuating temperatures and interior hood loading
- Fume capture and containment can be demonstrated with tracer gas testing
- On-site ANSI/ASHRAE 110-1995 commissioning, as required in ANSI Z9.5 Standard, available for all new chemical fume hood installations
- Quiet operation
- Low airflow provides an ideal environment for working with powders and delicate work
- Ideal for clean rooms classified between ISO 14644-1 Class 5 (Federal 209E Standard Class 100) and Class 8 (Federal 209E Standard Class 100,000)
Low-flow/high-performance hoods use substantially less energy to operate over the lifetime of the fume hood exhaust system. Visit Laboratory Fume Hood Energy Model to calculate your energy needs.
Fume Hood Installation and Certification
Once you have selected the high performance fume hood for your lab, PSA Laboratory Furniture covers both hood installation and ventilation certification. Through our testing service, every part of your new fume hood will be checked for by local, national, and industry standards.
Additional fume hood types from PSA Laboratory Furniture include:
Ready to order? Contact PSA Laboratory Furniture to order high performance fume hoods for your facility now.